Religious Education Program
Director of Religious Education: Mrs. Trish Nickleski
Administrative Assistant: Kim Zajec
Religious Education Phone Number: 630-257-9314
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
The mission of our parish Religious Education Program is one that entails more than merely knowing about Jesus Christ and the Church. It also recognizes the need for students to reflect on the experience of Jesus in their own lives, to speak the faith they share, and to relate to one another so that the Word of God becomes present when they gather in Christ's name. Thus, we provide for our students a Religious Education Program that is: CHRIST-centered, FAMILY-centered and SCRIPTURE-centered.
Religious Education Classes meet on the following days and times:
Sunday: 8:45 - 10:15 am Grades Kindergarten through Eight
Monday: 5:30 - 7:00 pm Grades One through Eight
Wednesday: 5:30 - 7:00 pm Grades One through Eight
- Classes meet every week from September through April.
- First Reconciliation and First Holy Communion are made in Second Grade.
- Confirmation is made in Eighth Grade.
- Children must complete First Grade to make their sacraments in second grade and must complete third through seventh grades to make their Confirmation in eighth grade.
- All families must be registered members of our parish to attend the Religious Education Program. For tuition information please contact the Religious Education Office.
The staff for the program is made up of volunteers who serve in the following capacities: Catechists, Catechists Aides and Office Staff. If you are interested in volunteering for the program please call the Religious Education Office.
Important Sacrament Dates
First Reconciliation: December 5, 2009
Confirmation: March 20, 2010
First Communion: April 24, 2010
Please fill out the registration form for either a returning family or new family and check the session you would like your child to attend. All registrations are taken on a first come first serve basis. If the session you want is full we will contact you with what is available. If you do not hear from us your child / children are in the session you requested. We will be in contact with all families during the month of August about the parent meeting that you will need to attend.
Returning Families to our Program
- All returning families must register by June 1st to avoid an increase in their tuition.
- Registration forms for returning families were sent home with your youngest child the first week of April.
- All registrations are taken on a first come first serve basis
New Families to our Program
For your information the following are requirements for the religious education program:
- Registration forms for new families
- You must be a registered supporting parishioner to have a child in the religious education program. If you are not currently a registered parishioner and are planning on enrolling a student for the Fall please take care of registering for the parish now so it does not hold up your registration.
- In order for your child to make their First Reconciliation and First Holy Communion in second grade they must complete first grade.
- In order for your child to make their Confirmation in 8th grade they must complete grades 3 - 7.
- If you are transferring from another religious education program I must have a transfer form from your old parish stating what grades your child has completed.
- White Pines, Bobbie Noonan, Kingswood Academy, home schooled students and anyone else who attend a non-archdiocesan school who wish to make their First Holy Communion or Confirmation at St. Cyril's are required to register for the Religious Education Program for the second and eighth grade years.
- If you are a new family and you have any questions please feel free to call my office at 630-257-9314.